Play Now!

Thread: Possible Downtime in April

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Site Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
    Strange that I'd see this, seeing as how Anfiniti's forum is closed for the same reason. Though, I voluntarily decided to enforce PHP 7, seeing as how its what I'm developing my project for. I was still running vBulletin 3.8, which barely runs on PHP 5.6. There is good reason to update PHP though. Since PHP 5.6 hasn't been supported for some time (PHP 7.0 is even unsupported at this point), it grows increasingly vulnerable to exploits. Since its unmaintained, they only accumulate. That's besides the less important, but very nice performance upgrades.

I'm working on a de-facto RCS/RDE successor that I'm building from scratch. It runs on the latest PHP and MySQL/MariaDB and it will be open sourced. If anyone here can program, write, or draw, I encourage you to contribute. I should have a GitHub for the project sometime later this year. There's more information under "RPG" at "the other site". I would post links, but seeing as this is my first post, it'd probably look suspicious to whatever anti-spam you have installed.
    Are you Jeremy?

I have huge ideas for a mobile game that's like the RDE, but I don't have the programming knowledge or even know where to start on building a mobile or browser app. I was out of the programming game for about 8 years so my coding skills are still pretty basic but I'm taking C++ classes and I restored the RDE to get back into PHP. I figured It's a start.

I would love to work with a team though, it would be much faster than trying to do it myself. If I had a programmer and a graphics designer and all that to implement my ideas, it would be great.

Go ahead and post the links, I would like to see your open source project. Honestly, I'm not interested in making a vbulletin or forum add-on though. I would rather have a stand alone browser app that is mobile friendly and basically a mobile game. I have pages and pages of plans written and drawn up.
    Last edited by AllenSam; 04-08-2019 at 02:13 AM.