PDA

View Full Version : Rap(category) Vs. Rock(category)

Testament
04-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Which do you like?

I like Both surprisingly, but if i had to choose i'd choose rap.

Carnage
04-22-2008, 11:03 PM
I hate rock, no matter who it is. Rap pwnz all other music choices, hand's down.

Gungnir
04-23-2008, 11:57 AM
gotta go with both..im not that picky when it comes to music..i just dont listen to country jazz and oldies other then that ill listen to whatever is on and sounds good =/

Testament
04-25-2008, 06:56 PM
yea that makes sense.

ShinigamiKnight
05-02-2008, 06:33 PM
yea acually i am the same as Urahara i like both but no like any of the old crap

Techman
05-25-2008, 12:36 AM
Umm... I prefer Rock... sorry... but i'm not into rap... just something about it... not predjudice or anything.... but it is pretty close to the bottom of my preferrence list...

Selim
06-02-2008, 03:48 PM
I don't mind either genre, seeing as how both have their ups and down. I like both, but I'll have to go with "Rock" since I enjoy listening to it more than "Rap." 'Course, this is pretty hard decision because I love Trip-Hop.

Pervious
06-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Hmmm. Rock was good back in 1999-2001. But now it's lame. Rap is also lame now too, but it depends what type of Rap. The shit that's on the radio or Hip Hop. There is an obvious difference between rap and hip hop, but I'll go over that later. I'll just put both.

Carnage
06-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Hmmm. Rock was good back in 1999-2001. But now it's lame. Rap is also lame now too, but it depends what type of Rap. The shit that's on the radio or Hip Hop. There is an obvious difference between rap and hip hop, but I'll go over that later. I'll just put both.

I agree, the shit that these new faggots are making disgust me. The only thing, if anything, is the beats. The producers are doing good in that area, but as far as the actual artist, you can forget about it. The best thing was the classics back before Pac and Biggie died.

As for rock, it sucks. Period.

Pervious
06-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Haha. Yeah, the beats now are okay, some are straight fire, others are garbage. Kanye West is one of the top producers now and if you know a thing about producing you'd respect him, cuz he's got mad talent. Biggie listened to the Wu.

Esteban
06-07-2008, 11:39 PM
As for rock, it sucks. Period.

El herético bastardo! You have not heard the smooth tone of Carlos Santana, yes? You must become educate, and learn the ways of classic rock, hombre.

Robo-City
06-07-2008, 11:50 PM
I agree, the shit that these new faggots are making disgust me. The only thing, if anything, is the beats. The producers are doing good in that area, but as far as the actual artist, you can forget about it. The best thing was the classics back before Pac and Biggie died.

As for rock, it sucks. Period.did you know that most older rap bands used rock tracks? just wondering ^_^;

xCHAOSxTROOPERx
06-18-2008, 01:26 AM
I like both, i lean toward rock because i am a guitarist, but thir is alot of rock which people who listen to rap can apreciate, i mean there are definately alot of rap songs i really enjoy

Moocher Ninja
06-18-2008, 09:03 AM
I love everything from Rapper Ninja. I live by his words, which are the only words that should be taken to heart by any listener of any category of music, thanks to the great lyricist behind his artwork. I guess I must choose the category of Rap thanks to that. Of course, let it be known that if it weren't for him, my choice would be nearly a split between the two (nothing else is worth listening to, and even if I didn't listen to him, I'd know that fact, as should you).

Pervious
06-18-2008, 10:49 AM
did you know that most older rap bands used rock tracks? just wondering ^_^;
Durr, did you know most older rock bands used Beethoven tracks, just wondering (*)_(*)

cloud_85
06-18-2008, 11:00 AM
yess to rock i dont now about rap sometimees i cant understund them

Commie Viking
06-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Durr, did you know most older rock bands used Beethoven tracks, just wondering (*)_(*)

Commie Viking is confident that Pervious is a fawning idiot who has completely missed the point of the previous statement.

Tr00 Viking
06-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Tr00 Viking remembers setting sail in his long boat in 780 AD, off to plunder, rape, and burn, jamming out to The Beach Vikings' Good Vibrations (As I Swing My Axe).

That being said, Tr00 Viking has support for rap, as it is the closest to a viki-wait, no they just steal tracks and redub it for themselves.

The only thing closest to real music these days is AMON AMARTH. As such, rock is the winner.

Pervious
06-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Hip Hop is the winner, goodbye.