PDA

View Full Version : Devil May Cry

Testament
04-25-2008, 07:17 PM
I personally love this series! I own all three games, and the special edition version of the third installment. My friend introduced me to this game and to it's starring character Dante. It was some random game she picked up and we played for a while. After a few hours I was hooked and couldn't wait for the second one.

As I played through the second one I was really disappointed. The storyline was, at best "okay". But that game play is near terrible. The camera zooms out too far on certain stages, the bosses were given weak spot, if you stood close enough or in a certain stop you would never get hit as you defeated the boss. And needless to say I finished the game quickly.

When the third on came out I had to try it, hoping it would be better than the 2nd. I wasn't disappointed. The third game, which is set prior to the first has great game play. I also like that you were able to choose the style you wanted to fight in. The plot was a little loose in some areas but it held together fairly well. And the cut scenes were quite enjoyable.

I then bought the special edition.Which is the third version, but this game came with the ability to play as Vergil, Dante's twin brother. However, there wasn't really a seperate storyline or cut scenes made for Vergil game play, which was disappointing. I think it would have been interesting to play the game through Vergil's eyes.

But, all in all this game has been very addictive to me. I love playing it. There are many side missions and secret mission that you can find in the game if you look hard enough. I definetly suggest trying this game out if you haven't.

ShinigamiKnight
05-01-2008, 06:28 PM
wow that was alot to read lol but i have played the 3rd one and i thought it was ok but i do wanna try out the 4th one but havent had enough time to go out and buy =D

Testament
05-02-2008, 07:53 AM
yea well i had a lot to say...lmao but yea you should try it maybe ill bring it over one day.

Index
05-02-2008, 10:57 AM
I'd have to say 3 was the best one I've played 4 was decent.

ShinigamiKnight
05-02-2008, 02:48 PM
wat was new that about the 4th that wasnt on the 3rd

Kratos Aurion
05-28-2008, 06:46 PM
I liked the third one better than the fourth one. The fourth one was okay but then again it may be because I didn't play the first or second one

Index
05-29-2008, 12:58 PM
wat was new that about the 4th that wasnt on the 3rd

Nero for one -.- also you get skills differently.

xCHAOSxTROOPERx
06-10-2008, 03:40 PM
yeah my friend played the 4th one, he said it wasnt bad

Index
06-21-2008, 02:39 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/28-Devil-May-Cry-4