PDA

View Full Version : [GBA] Final Fantasy VI Advance

Reaper
08-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Alright, well for those who don't know Final Fantasy VI is my favorite RPG ever. I love it to death and have played through it multiple times since I was three.

The game takes place in a world on the brink of war. The Gesthalian Empire has gained a powerful force known as Magic thanks to the force drained from the life force of the Espers, magical creatures spoken of in legend. The story begins when Terra Brandford, an odd girl with even odder powers attacks Narshe with the help of Biggs and Wedge, there they encounter a frozen Esper who frees Terra from the Empire's Control. From there, Terra joins a Rebellion group known as the Returners to overthrow the Empire and stop this war from happening.

The game in itself has an interesting Magic System. You gain new spells by equipping an Esper on an individual character. As your character fights they gain Magic Points, and when you get enough you learn a spell from the Esper. You can also gain a few spells from Equipment. As the Character levels with an Esper equipped they may also get bonuses after battle, like Strength+2, HP+50% etc.

I went and got the GBA Version on the weekend. People have been saying the music and graphics were odd looking, but as I've been playing it on my DS the graphics look almost the exact same, just a bit sharper and the music sounds a bit quieter. Other then that it's fine.

I also like the New Espers I'll be able to get, as well as the Secret Dungeon called Dragon's Den. I can't wait for those ^^

At the moment, I'm on my way to Zozo to find Terra after her powers awaken.

My current party is Shadow, Sabin, Cyan and Edgar and they're all Level 15.