PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

Testament
05-10-2008, 08:29 AM
IF any of you have any suggestions that can make the BA even more fun, I would like to hear them.

I was thinking MAYBE:
1. Double EXP week
2. Double Gold week
3. Some BA tournaments

Index
05-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Suggestion: Refs that don't ref their own battles, maybe some status fields.

Testament
05-13-2008, 03:00 PM
if carnage gave me the power to grant people the ability to ref then i wouldnt have to
but until then ill let him make the decisions, seeing as he hired a new BA ref that does jackshyt....meanwhile i have a person waiting to become one. but carnage apparently said no to his offer.

Index
05-13-2008, 03:01 PM
I'll be a BA ref seeing how I know how to do so~

Gungnir
05-13-2008, 03:05 PM
I already said i would, i have more then enough practice at this seeing as how i was one for who knows how long on v7 >.>

Index
05-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Just wondering Shadow rune is a Mod here when has he ref'd like ever?

Testament
05-13-2008, 03:23 PM
thats wat i just stated in my first post...

Index
05-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Well aren't you "head ref"? Isn't it the job of the "head ref" to choose who he want to be ref? Or are you just a fake "head ref"?

wildarms
05-16-2008, 04:11 PM
i have a suggestion on turn order for these battle. so instead of having the person who post first get first attack, the person who post first get to choose head or tail and if he is correct, then he gets to go first if not, the other person will have first attack.

it might only work for 1v1 since more than that it could get a little complicated. but if its a 2v2 or more, we could probably just have like the first 2 who post get to choose h/t. then the first person would be paired up with the 3rd poster to see who go first and second, and the 2nd and 4th poster paired up to see who 3rd and 4th. but when pairing them up, its has to be 2 people from the opposite team.

just thought this might add a little more strategy to battle. we could just have this as an option for battle, where the thread starter state this rule and it won't have to be used in every battle, just if they want it to. just my little suggestion

Index
05-16-2008, 10:22 PM
i have a suggestion on turn order for these battle. so instead of having the person who post first get first attack, the person who post first get to choose head or tail and if he is correct, then he gets to go first if not, the other person will have first attack.

it might only work for 1v1 since more than that it could get a little complicated. but if its a 2v2 or more, we could probably just have like the first 2 who post get to choose h/t. then the first person would be paired up with the 3rd poster to see who go first and second, and the 2nd and 4th poster paired up to see who 3rd and 4th. but when pairing them up, its has to be 2 people from the opposite team.

just thought this might add a little more strategy to battle. we could just have this as an option for battle, where the thread starter state this rule and it won't have to be used in every battle, just if they want it to. just my little suggestion

I second this.

Testament
05-17-2008, 12:05 AM
So your suggestion is we flip an extra coin EVERY TURN to see who goes first instead of firstpost/firstatk.

wildarms
05-17-2008, 02:08 AM
So your suggestion is we flip an extra coin EVERY TURN to see who goes first instead of firstpost/firstatk.

yeah, i guess i could've just wrote that instead. right to the point

Carnage
05-17-2008, 02:21 AM
I like this idea better. It makes it more even when doing 1v1's. This could work for team battles as well if you look at it. You can flip a Coin to see which team goes first, then flip another coin to see which person on that team goes first. But that might be a little too much. But I do like the 1v1 coin flip idea thus far.

Testament
05-17-2008, 08:17 AM
My thing is, how will i add this to the BA...

Do i do a whole coin flipping post then post the regular battle

or

Do i do post a regular battle and just add the coin flipping on the Bottom let's say.

Carnage
05-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Yeah, do the Regular post, then do the coin Flip on the bottom. And for the sides, just make it so the creator of the match is always heads, and the challenger is always tails, so it's easier on the refs.

Testament
05-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Ok, we can give this a shot...

Index
05-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Suggestion:
New Stip:Final attack.

This stip enable the dead to have their final move to be counted. So if their final move is cure 2.

HP:0 + 1000= 1000

They would be healed but they would lose their stip of final attack.
What do you think?

Albel Nox
05-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Thats a good Idea.. but then you would have Draws more often I think.

Gungnir
05-23-2008, 03:25 PM
i like this idea, it would definately make things interesting.

Index
05-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Few things though.
Max amount of final attacks is 5. So I don't wanna see infinite final attacks. Also you lose a final attack for every kind of move not just healing moves.

Albel Nox
05-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Yea because it would get real rough for refs to keep dealing with Final attacks... maybe 3 would be best.

Testament
05-24-2008, 12:08 AM
i dont get it...i thought final attack would mean exactly wat it says....FINAL ATTACK, there cant be more than one...otherwise it's got no more purpose than a regular move.

Index
05-24-2008, 12:36 AM
Technically its not a literal final attack. It just for the final move to pass. Note if you're dead and at zero HP and your final move is a heal you don't die.

Virus
05-24-2008, 07:42 AM
I think thats rather cheap. This isn't a FF Game where you can keep reviving. But you should bring the limits into play 1 per battle. And reset it after each use. Flip 2 extra coins for it. So it would be 5 in stead of 3. And set it at a modifier of your choose.

Index
05-24-2008, 08:11 AM
whoa whoa whoa note suggestion its not yet approved.

Testament
05-24-2008, 08:20 PM
I think thats rather cheap. This isn't a FF Game where you can keep reviving. But you should bring the limits into play 1 per battle. And reset it after each use. Flip 2 extra coins for it. So it would be 5 in stead of 3. And set it at a modifier of your choose.

I agree with him this is rather cheap. But it would make things interesting...we will have to have a test battle to try this out...and explain how to use it a bit better...because i am thinking its more like a pheonix pin because i dont really see anyone using this for any other move other than cure "#"...and if that's the case then we have those moves already the members just have to grow lvls to use them.

Index
05-26-2008, 01:28 PM
We're going to have to test it seeing how the coin flips decide the out come of damage also once you run low on mp you can't use cure# 24/7. So we'll see.

wildarms
05-28-2008, 03:13 PM
for the flip the coin to see who goes first and second, i think it should be posted after both participant post their attack, that way it would make you think a little more. becasue if we post who goes first before the participant post their move, the person who go second could just wait to see what the other person do and then counter it. so if we post who go first/second after both have posted, then both people won't know who goes first and maybe there will be more strategy involve

Index
05-28-2008, 03:17 PM
for the flip the coin to see who goes first and second, i think it should be posted after both participant post their attack, that way it would make you think a little more. becasue if we post who goes first before the participant post their move, the person who go second could just wait to see what the other person do and then counter it. so if we post who go first/second after both have posted, then both people won't know who goes first and maybe there will be more strategy involve

We're testing this now.

Testament
05-28-2008, 03:37 PM
although it is a good idea, I will keep this in mind. Kudos to you Wildarms.