PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Genre?

Crzy
08-10-2007, 05:27 PM
I know most of us play games from all sorts of genres, but we all love playing a select few games from a specific genre. That's what this thread is for, to talk about the genre you stick to most, and why.

Oh and you may also make a list of certain games you enjoy from a genre. However, try not to just put "Racing-All" as it may turn into a continuation and make this topic SPAM. >:E

If you all want, you can post which game got you introduced to your favorite types of games. :D

Reaper
08-10-2007, 05:27 PM
For me, my favorite Genre is RPG's.

I just love them Roleplaying Games! I love the battles, the stories, the characters, the magic, EVERYTHING.

I was introduced to this Genre back with Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger on the SNES. Good Times, Good, Good, Good Times.

Darkstar
08-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Yeah..I'd have to go with RPG's as well. Just how the story gets you a lot more involved then almost all other genres. The way that you fight with magic and summoning is awesome.

Now..uumm..I think the first RPG I ever played was Suikoden 3, but I'm not sure.

Chaotic
08-10-2007, 05:30 PM
It's kinda a toss up, really. It depends.

A lot of them time, when I'm feeling creative, usually, I delve into the RPG's, like any true gamer would. The story and character development [usually] draw me in, though shoddy work is equally as repulsive. I believe the first one I played was FF VIII, when I was 11? I think I was 11.

However, when an RPG gets me ever so slightly -pissed off- with pointless, cliché, or shoddy story, characters, etc, then I turn to a never-fail bottomless pail of whoop-ass.

The FPS.
Or any other TPS, I suppose.
When I get bored, I move onto the first person shooter, which basically means. "I SEE HANDS I SEE GUN I SEE YOU" *bang* Basically, the fact that these games are getting more and more intense, and can actually represent skill, unlike a lot of other genres, They really pull me in. That's also the draw [realism] over the TPS, which is usually more run and gun.

XIII was what hooked me to the FPS, though I'd play others before that. Black revived it for me, [speaking of run and gun].

Testament
04-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Me i stick to RPGs because they are most likely gonna last a while and the storylines/scenes are always fun to watch.

Index
05-01-2008, 03:33 PM
RPG's for me please =]
RPG's are entertaining and more captivating then other games because of story and gameplay.

ShinigamiKnight
05-01-2008, 06:24 PM
i would go RPGs =)

Hiawaffa
05-10-2008, 09:24 AM
I would haft to say FPS games. Pretty much any FPS.

Albel Nox
05-10-2008, 09:45 AM
RPG's all the way but i also like FPS's b/c there fun to play with friends.

Albel Nox
05-10-2008, 10:56 AM
I like Rpg's for the most part. But FPS's are fun to play with friends

Omega Arc
05-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Merge your posts, Rune or delete one >.>;

Anyway, my fav would be RPG aswell but action is awesome too.

Albel Nox
05-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Merge your posts, Rune or delete one >.>;

Anyway, my fav would be RPG aswell but action is awesome too.

I would delete one if I could. at the time they were posted I was having some sort of problem where I couldn't see my post. so without knowing I Double posted. I asked in the shout box for someone to delete one but seems no one ever did -_-...

Ok more on the subject.. Action games are also great. along with fighting games (Brawl) expecially when you can fight people across the world (hoping you don't get a ghay lag.. )

wildarms
05-12-2008, 07:28 PM
favorite genre is rpg. it is the most interesting, its long, and very fun to play so it is well worthed for what you have to pay for a video game. also it tends to be a lot easier than action game.

Kratos Aurion
05-28-2008, 05:57 PM
My favorite genre is action/fighting games such as Super Smash brothers/ Dbz Tenkaichi 3

Selim
05-28-2008, 06:19 PM
RPG, Simulation, and sometimes mixtures of the two.

RPGs because nowadays I find it incredibly difficult to play a game that has less than a 20 hour completion time. I also play them for their beefy plots, battle engines, and strategic values. 'Course, the typical j-RPG with clichés won't be enough to satisfy me.

Simulation because I like to experiment with different ideas, and view the different outcomes of each decision I make.

A good example of a RPG/Simulation mixture would be Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (if you have a Wii, get it immediately) . Essentially you play as a newfound king who has to rebuild his father's fallen empire, and live up to the standards of your people all-while trying to avoid the same mistakes he made. You eventually hire adventurers to do your dirty work, while you work on raising the morale of your townfolk and continue your expansion. Think of it as every RPG you ever played... backwards, or Animal Crossing with RPG elements.

xCHAOSxTROOPERx
06-10-2008, 01:44 AM
RPG's are cool, but im definately digging 3rd person shooters...especially with GoW 2 around the corner