PDA

View Full Version : That was short

Solgud
02-18-2020, 12:41 AM
Finally able to play but will leave after this post. First off the classes you see on the guides aren't even available on creating a character. Secondly I tested the battle instructor and got killed. Instructions says to use a potion but there was no potion in Items slots. Killing my character and now I cant seem to use it again. Great concept but poor execution on how to navigate this site.

AllenSam
02-18-2020, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the feedback! It is very valuable to our growth.

The higher tier classes must be unlocked by using an item to change your character's class. This is explained clearly in the guides. We never claimed that they were all available from the start. I'm sorry you were disappointed with our class system but this most likely won't change. There must be thing for the players to unlock so they can set goals and continue playing. If everything is available from the the start they will get bored very quickly!

Here is more information about the class tier system if you change your mind about leaving:

https://www.roguedynasty.net/forums/showthread.php?2681-Class-Tiers

About your battle with the trainer. I checked the battle and it seems you killed yourself with your limit skill. This part of your feedback is very helpful because I realize that we should somehow indicate which target you should choose when you select a skill or item. Some of the skill names and descriptions may not be clear. Although, the limit you used says in the description that is a level 1 attack but being new, I can see how you can get confused on who to target. I will definitely look into indicating targets better!

Also, the trainer should have equipped a potion on you. Did you click your item command and there was no potion? If so, this may have been a bug. It was working last time I tested it and I haven't heard any other players having problems with it, but I will definitely run a test and make sure he is equipping the potion on players!

Also, the Trainer should fully heal you if you lose the battle so you aren't stuck with a dead character and no revives. It failed in your case, because you killed yourself and I only had the trainer coded to heal the player if he killed the player. Thanks to your feedback, I have fixed this bug. I also healed your character so you can use it again if you decide to keep playing.

Thanks again for the valuable feedback! I hope you can change your mind and stick around. We are just starting and have lots of room to grow and get better with your help! If you have any suggestions, please share!

AllenSam
02-18-2020, 02:45 AM
Ok, I tested the battle with the trainer and indeed, he did not equip a potion on me. Thanks to your feedback, I fixed 2 bugs in the Trainer and know that I need to indicate targets better for skills and limits.

Because of this helpful post, I am going to reward you with a gift box and 5000 gold. I hope you will check back and see this post and maybe try again, but if not, at least other players can see this example of how valuable feedback is and yes, I will give rewards for helpful feedback!

Solgud
02-18-2020, 04:36 AM
Checked back again because I saw you featured my post on Rogue Dynasty's FB page. I continued where I left off and found another thing that threw me off. On one of the maps I found a sword. I could see it in my inventory but couldn't equip it. So I thought maybe it was a class restriction thing but items doesn't specify what class or level should be able to equip. Also with the scroll of the warriors. It says changes class to a warrior but it doesn't work.

AllenSam
02-18-2020, 04:54 AM
Thiefs can't use swords and can't change to warriors. They are a different class type (dual wield). Warrior is power melee. I will see if I can get the class restriction in the item descriptions.