PDA

View Full Version : Breakable items

Testament
10-05-2020, 03:22 PM
As most of us know there are a few breakables that can be equipped to the charm slot. I find it a bit of a hindrance to not be able to use an actual charm (which essentially is another equipment slot and becomes a part of my fighting style) when i want to use a rock candy, coin jar and/or rainbow fragment. Because these three items are breakable shouldn't they be considered a consumable? I think it will be more likely to go to my inventory and USE one of the 3 as if it were a perma positive status for the next battle and then disappeared as if it shattered. What do you think? Only reason i say this is because out of all the charms none of the others ar breakable.

AllenSam
10-05-2020, 10:43 PM
That could be possible. I could make it switch a trigger on when you use the item then if you win the battle it doubles your exp or gold and resets the trigger. If you lose it will just reset the trigger. I'm not sure about using it outside of battle though. I would have to add something to the character profile that shows they have an active exp or gold multiplier. And if it's only a battle item it will take up one of the 5 item slots and the whole reason I made the Charm and Mount slots was so people didn't have to sacrifice an item slot for a Chocobos and charms.

Testament
10-06-2020, 06:58 AM
Why not make another equip slot like "booster?" Thats where the code can stay the same and shatter

AllenSam
10-06-2020, 07:26 AM
That would be even more difficult. It shouldn't be too hard to add something to the profiles. I'll check into it when I get time.