PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Sport

Reaper
08-17-2007, 02:38 PM
So, everyone may not play sports, but most people watch sports, correct?

So here I would like to see what sports you guys like, and why.

For me, I like four sports.

I like:

1) Rugby: I play this sport, and I've gotten really good at it this past year, I play Scrum Half. I love the speed of the game and how you're almost always moving.

2) Soccer: I also like the speed of this game, and how you get to kick stuff. It's awesome xD

3) Lacrosse: I also like the speed of this game, and the way you play it with sticks and a ball. That and hitting people is fun as well.

4) Foot Ball: In ths house I live, liking Football is a must. I also like how its like Rugby, but not as good.

So, what sports do you guys like?

Crzy
08-17-2007, 07:18 PM
Well normally I would rather play sports than watch them. However, when it gets around Summer here, I rarely play anything because most people won't even come out of their houses. XD

As far as playing goes I have a few I love playing:

1. Football - I'm rather fast and I can throw a little, so when we play I'm almost always moving. Haven't played this in a while because a lot of people moved so we don't have quite enough to make a full team, however we still manage a five on five game. Anyway, this is fun because when we play tackle football, I love getting in good hits. I really enjoy it when me and my friends play others that we don't know. >:E

2. Basketball - I used to hate this game with a passion, but some how I really got into playing it. I still suck though since I can't really do all of the crossovers and such, but hell I prefer playing defense anyway. :p Plus I have a good shot from behind the three point line. Love this game because there's a lot of running, even when you're playing a half court game when the park is packed.

3. Dodgeball - Well this isn't really a sport, but I love playing it anyway. :D Especially when you're playing it on a tennis court that's empty. Something about hitting someone hard with a ball is just fulfulling. ;)

That's pretty much it for playing, I used to play Baseball a while back, but it gets boring with a small amount of people.

Now for watching:

1. Basketball - I hated watching sports, but the Phoenix Suns have had me interested in watching because of their last two seasons. They do really well, despite being cheated out of the Championship game, and they hang in there.

2. Football - Only when I'm bored because the Cardinals suck...bad...haven't seen their first preseason game, but I'm sure they lost. XD They usually do good in the preseasons but once the real season rolls around, they blow it.

3. Baseball - What more can you ask for when you have a team that comes down 5 runs and wins the game by two? Yup, I usually try to watch portions of the Arizona Diamondback games because they've been playing awesome this year. Hopefully they don't blow it near the end of the season lol.

Darkstar
08-18-2007, 11:20 PM
I like any sport but basketball and Baseball. Never liked either of them, not sure why but I don't. Now for my 2 favourites.

Lacrosse

What could be better than beating someone with a metal stick and not get in trouble for it? It's a fast-paced game. You're always moving around the floor, whether you defense or forward. It's a hard hitting game as well. Amazing. :)

Rugby

Like lacrosse, it's another fast-paced and hard hitting sport. The play is constantly shifting sides on who has the ball. The only time the game really stops moving is when there is a penalty and even then, it's only enough time to mark where the penalty was, turn and blow his whistle and then the game is on again.

Kei
08-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Bah, Darkstar, you suck. Basketball is awesome!!

Basketball

Okay, some people may not agree with me in this, *cough*darkstar and reaper*cough*, but basketball is an aggresive sport and I love it. I like the tension and getting lost in the game... it takes alot of skill and really gets your adrenaline going, and I love that feeling.

Volleyball

So this can't be classified as an aggresive game... but I like it anyways >.> I love spiking the ball and serving it, and how tense the game gets. Despite the fact that there isn't a whole lot of moving, it's still a tiring game and gets your adrenaline going.

Vonsula
01-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Lacrosse: i love the runing and it a dam fun sport

Christine <3
03-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Dance: It is a sport and kids who don't say it is are lame asses, Football players even take dance.

Favorite sport. Dance.

That and Badmitton :D cause it is easy as hell :]

Carnage
03-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Basketball.

PyroTek
04-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Baseball and football.

Testament
04-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Basketball, I would die for the sport itself....thats how much i love it....if it never exisited i would have created it...=P

PyroTek
04-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Basketball, I would die for the sport itself....thats how much i love it....if it never exisited i would have created it...=P

I can beat you one on one

Carnage
04-13-2008, 04:11 AM
I can beat you both 2 on 1. =P I used to play for the city of Chicago when I was like 17, it was pretty fun.

Testament
04-15-2008, 04:31 PM
I can beat you one on one

LMAO, im in tears...lol i have over 1000 points total in my highschool career.

Im graduating this year....I play AAU and I play alot during the week...if im not online im at a court shooting...I play at the same court outside everyday, Pearl Street. They call me the PSL (pearlstreetlegend).....i can get my fav 2 teammate vs any 3 EVER and still bust ass...so u can say wat u want on the internet but as far as a "Admin" and a "Super Mod" playing basketball and being able to even dribble the ball would amaze me, especially since the picture that comes to mind would be a nerdy little geek with byphocals and overalls, can't forget the braces...LMAO.

DaGman
04-16-2008, 03:04 AM
Rugby. I'm was the best hooker in the West of America U-17s division 2006-7.

However, due to the fact I was brought up on Scottish rugby, I'm a multipurpose player. I was a penalty kicker, and also played fly half/scrum half/flanker when we were up against a bad hooker and we wanted the subs to get some game time. I always played the full game though, the only time I got taken off was because of a sprained arm.

I'm also a trained referee for the game.

Anyways, rugby and football (soccer) are the only sports I care for. I dislike basketball, like the Astros, and like LSU's American football team.

Testament
04-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Yea i found out not to long ago that i like Baseball again..lol

ShinigamiKnight
05-01-2008, 02:51 PM
i would say that my favorite sport would have to be either basketball or basball i am good at both but basketball is more fun baseball gets boreing if u play it too much

wildarms
05-12-2008, 07:38 PM
my favorite sport is basketball and football. i like watching both of them equally since there are some relaly good players in both league. but as for playing, deffinitely playing basketball is a lot funner

Index
05-13-2008, 09:37 PM
Kickball is my favorite sport~

ShinigamiKnight
05-14-2008, 02:45 PM
lol kickball is fun but it is barely called a sport u play in elementry school lol but it is really fun though xD

Index
05-14-2008, 05:12 PM
lol kickball is fun but it is barely called a sport u play in elementry school lol but it is really fun though xD

I think someone needs to read the definition of sport~

Omega Arc
05-14-2008, 07:46 PM
Well if you don't consider martial arts as a sport, then I'll go with volleyball.

ShinigamiKnight
05-16-2008, 02:36 PM
well they it really isnt it is like a hobby not a sport i am not sure what to call it though:confused:

Kratos Aurion
05-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Wrestling: Cause you get to beat the shit out of people
Soccer: Fast paced and intensee and get to scream

GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!

and
Ping pong: Because its just fun

Selim
05-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Dodgeball:
There's nothing quite like nailing someone in the face with a spherical torture device disguised as a mere ball.

Football:
We play with and without gear. There's a thrill that comes from running the fuck away from someone twice your size, then later tackling said person to the ground.

I have an interest in attempting Hockey, so I'll see how that goes.

Ping-Pong is indeed fun. I can't play it for shit, though.

EDIT:

Martial Arts is a type of sport, just not a common one.

Techman
05-29-2008, 04:42 AM
Yes... well I like football and Auto-Racing...

Football: I like the hard-hitting, bone crunching action... that and winning.
Auto-Racing: I like the roaring engines, and the wreckage...

Index
06-05-2008, 02:43 AM
Football is back in for me~