PDA

View Full Version : favorite rpg

wildarms
05-19-2008, 02:58 PM
so im basically a huge rpg fan and i pretty much only play rpgs. so im just wondering what is everyone favorite rpg game/series of all time.

there are a lot of good rpgs that ive played, but my favorite rpg is still the first ever rpg game that ive played, wild arms. the graphic may not have been that good, but i just enjoyed it a lot. the story was really interesting and the 3 playable character are great and fun to play with. it also has the best music in any games in my opinon as well

Kratos Aurion
05-28-2008, 05:55 PM
My favorite would have to be the Kingdom Hearts series. The story line is awesome and I love mashing my X button =D

Selim
05-28-2008, 06:35 PM
wildarms is awesome for being named after one of my favorite series.

I've got many too many to list, sadly. I'll just pick one out of the lot...

Earthbound

Take every j-rpg you've ever played, but take out all the 13 year old protagonists, cheesy weapons, typical stories, cliché plot devices, and modify the battle engine. What do you get? A perfectly normal game. As odd as it sounds, Earthbound manages to pull off the "normal kid in a normal setting" vibe incredibly well, all while adding a bit of 'wtf' to it by giving its main protagonist, Ness, PSI powers and a mission to prevent the descent of destruction - a task given to him by a mere fly named "Buzz Buzz."

The quirky dialogue of the game is absolutely loveable in every aspect, and the battle engine - though simple - is enough to make you actually use your head; rather than mash the X button until you win. This game also contains one of the best, most chilling bosses ever in the history of video games - no, not that Sephiroth faggot - Giygas. Who, you ask? Well go play the game and see what I mean.

xCHAOSxTROOPERx
06-10-2008, 01:46 AM
Phantasy Star Online was pretty awesome but runescape still has a place in my heart, until i realized i was useless if i wasnt a memeber lol