Play Now!

Thread: Onimusha Series

Default Onimusha Series

The Onimusha Series, another one of my favourite games.

The games are based in Feudal Japan, and Modern Day Paris in one game. The Main, Main Character of the entire series is Samanoske and you play as him in Onimusha Warlords, and Onimusha 3: Demon Siege.

The entire story behind the series is that the Genma, a race of Demons have been making a rising and destroying kingdoms. In the first game, the Genma abduct Princess Yuki to use in a Dark Ritual, and Samanoske is out to rescue her. The second game stars Jubei, who is trying to defeat the Genma and get revenge for his village. The Third Game stars Samanoske and Jacques. They switch places, sending Jacques to Japan and Samanoske to Paris, they both have to fight through the hordes of Genma in both times to defeat Nobunaga the Demon King.

All of the games in the series have a Unique Upgrade System where you power up your equipment by using the Souls obtained from slaying the Genma. This gives them more power, stronger magic and makes them look cooler.

So use this thread to discuss Onimusha, your thoughts, whether you like the game or not, etc, etc.

Is this a game similar to Dynasty Warriors, where the hundreds of hordes keep coming from every angle? I've always seen this game at my local GameStop/Game Crazy, but I've always had doubts on whether or not I'd enjoy it...

No, its more like Devil May Cry. Still a great game though.

More like Resident Evil, actually.

Being that Onimusha came before Devil May Cry, and it's a Survival Horror in Feudal Japan.

That and you missed Dawn of Dreams or whatever the fourth game was. All I know is that it had about 4 characters too many.

And it's not exactly unique when ever Action-Horror game that Capcom makes uses the same idea for upgrading.

At least Resident Evil had the weapon cases you could only get if you either a: pwnt, or b: spent way too much time in the Merc run through.

>_> I didn't really like Number 4.

And I didn't actually notice that until you mentioned it, the way the weapons are upgraded, It's very, very true.

I liked Resident Evil series for one simple fact ... It had Zombified corpses in it yay! plus The solving was fun one game I played called Call Of Cthulu was awseome please tell me somebody here has played that game I beat playing 78 hours straight man was I tired,I never really got into Ominusha But Reaper always said it was cool

thank you Myuko for the completely relavant post. I really enjoyed all three of the first Onimusha games. Although the first had it's... umm... control problems... but the eventually ironed those out later and the game got better and better. Then they dropped the DOD bomb, and my heart began to hurt. Dont get me wrong, the story is fun and it was cool getting the partner attachment... but something just wouldn't let me fully enjoy it!

Legendary Rogue Dynasty Hero Testament's Avatar

I actually liked the oni-series i got into the 1st one pretty late...like back in 2002 but i mean once the cheat codes on GAMESHARK came out things got a little bit easier...lol that's wen i realized i actually like the game so i started buying the rest of them as they came out...

Killing Him Is The Reason For MY EXISTENCE!!!