Play Now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frequently Asked Questions

Site Owner

Default Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently asked question in the Rogue Dynasty Help forum will be merged into this thread along with their answers. If you want to add a FAQ, put it in a reply to this thread along with it's answer. Do not use repeated questions in your FAQs.

Jump to:

How do I get started?

How do I revive my character?

How do I delete a character?

How do I get gold?

Where do I find Mounts?

What happens when I upgrade my class?

Can I change my character's sprite and name?
    Last edited by AllenSam; 05-02-2022 at 01:46 AM.

Default How do you?

Make any money/gold? Is posting the only way? I don't see winning in battles is the main thing to do is it? Its hard enough. Is there a donate option maybe??? Either forum-based or the fighting.

Site Owner

For now, winning battles is the main way to get gold. I know it's hard because we don't have any players right now. Hopefully we can bring in some more activity. I would suggest joining the Character Ladder in Special Events to get some battles with lower levels at the bottom ranks. It's just us admins there right now, but we don't use edited characters. I have a few under level 5 and Virus has some as well. Send me a challenge any time.

Also, you can find free items by exploring the maps and since you have a Thief, try stealing items from monsters. I think you can get some free bandanas from the beginner monsters (Alfador, Boco, Fidor).

In the future, hopefully we can get up an item and gold trade system as well as a player shop system where you can sell your items to other players.
    Last edited by AllenSam; 03-31-2020 at 10:52 PM.

Default Newbie Here

Hi guys, how to play?

Site Owner

Head over to the game here: https://www.roguedynasty.net/forums/...x.php#framerde

You be introduced to the game through the Prologue. The Prologue is quite long, but if you follow the tutorials and tips and you can finish it easily.

Once you finish the Prologue you can create a character then go in the Map and you will be offered a tutorial battle. Finish the tutorial and you will get a level up and a free ring accessory. It's very helpful to get started! After the tutorial you can follow the numbered locations and find the shops where you can buy items then look the for Bridges to leave the Kingdom and fight monsters to level up.

If you would like to try PVP, I can battle you with my test characters since there aren't many players yet.
    Last edited by AllenSam; 09-21-2020 at 06:35 AM.

Default Where to find mounts?

I've looked in mayakan kindom, peak city, oldelm, slustia, kishitora. I can't find a store that sell mounts. Did I overlook them in one of the city's I visited or have I not found the right store yet?
    Last edited by masjack; 04-01-2020 at 12:49 AM.

Site Owner

Chocobos are mounts. you have to "capture" them in battle. That's why they can't be killed.

That would explain what the chocobos are for. Thank you for answering.

Default What happens when go from a tier 1 class to a tier 2 class?

What happens when you class up? Does that character get a stat buff? I'm I still able to use the skills from the other class or am I only able to use the skills of the new class? I would like to know all the stuff that happens from changing class.

Site Owner

It completely changes your class so no, you can't use the skills from your old class. Your stats will be changed based on the new class's stat growth which can be viewed in the library. Some of your stats may go up and some may go down. Also, if you change to a class that also changes your race, such as Vampyre, your stats gained per AP when you level up will change. However, all the AP you added up until you changed your class will not be re-applied so you will have mixed stats. For example, if you are Human Warrior until level 10 and change to Undead Vampyre, you will have have Human race stats from the first 10 levels then Undead race stats after that. The only way to maximize your stats to full Undead stats would be to reset your AP with the Oblivion Potion item. Oblivion Potions are rare but there are Diluted Oblivion Potions that are randomly found on the map that can reset your AP one by one. It would take time, but if you collect enough of them, you could reset all your AP.

EDIT: Also, I should mention, the class tier system here isn't technically a "tier" system. Tier means you would have to move from one tier to the next, like Tier 1 -> Tier 2 -> Tier 3. In this system, you can skip tiers and upgrade from a Tier 1 class straight to a Tier 3 class or even a Tier 4 class. You can also downgrade. As long as you have the required class and level to use the class item, you can change your class.

Hopefully that will save some gold for people who thought you had to step up the Tiers one at a time.
    Last edited by AllenSam; 03-31-2020 at 10:43 PM.