Play Now!

Thread: Class Tiers

Site Owner

Default Class Tiers

The re-release of Rogue Dynasty will be abandoning the "Forum Level" system for classes and races. Now, you can only access higher tier classes by reaching a certain level with a lower tier class and using a special item to upgrade your class. These items will usually be obtained in quests or by defeating bosses (or both). Higher tier class items will be more difficult to obtain, of course.

Also, only certain classes can upgrade to certain other classes. For example, a magic class like white mage cannot upgrade to a knight or other melee based class and vice versa. Here is a list of each class in their respective tier and what classes can upgrade to them:

Tier 1 (Default)
    Warrior
    Witch/Warlock
    Wizard/Sorceress
    Scout
    Amazon
    Barbarian
    Thief
    Brawler

Tier 2 (Level 10)
    The classes in () must be level 10 to upgrade to this class.
    Black Mage (Witch/Warlock, Wizard/Sorcereress)
    White Mage (Wizard/Sorcereress)
    Samurai (Warrior, Amazon, Barbarian)
    Lycan (Theif, Brawler)
    Vampyre (Warrior, Amazon, Barbarian)
    Gunner (Scout)
    Jester (Thief)

Tier 3 (Level 15)
    The classes in () must be level 15 to upgrade to this class.
    Angel (White Mage, Wizard/Sorceress)
    Demon (Samurai, Vampyre, Warrior, Amazon, Barbarian)
    Pirate (Thief, Gunner, Samurai, Vampyre, Warrior, Amazon, Barbarian)
    Ninja (Thief, Lycan, Brawler)
    Hunter/ess (Gunner, Scout)
    Summoner (White/Black Mage, Wizard/Sorceress, Witch/Warlock)

Tier 4 (Level 20)
    The classes in () must be level 20 to upgrade to this class.
    Mech (Scout, Gunner, Hunter)
    Monk (Lycan, Thief, Brawler, Ninja)
    Necromancer (Demon, Summoner, Black Mage, Witch/Warlock,Wizard/Sorcereress)
    White Knight(Angel, Warrior, Samurai, Amazon, Barbarian)
    Dark Knight (Warrior, Samurai, Amazon, Barbarian, Vampyre, Pirate, Demon)
    Dragoon (Warrior, Samurai, Amazon, Barbarian, Vampyre, Pirate, Demon)
    Dragon Warrior (Warrior, Samurai, Amazon, Barbarian, Vampyre, Pirate, Demon)

There are also some races and genders that are not available by default. They will be obtained when you upgrade to certain classes:

Upgrading to Vampyre class will changes your race to Undead.

Upgrading to Angel class will change your race to Angelic.

Upgrading to Demon class change your race to Demonic.

Upgrading to Mech Class will change your race to Mech AND your gender to Robo.

Upgrading to Dragon Warrior will change your race to Dragon.

Upgrading to Necromancer will change your race to Void.

Also, it is possible to downgrade your class. For example if you reach level 10 with a Warrior and upgrade to Samurai but you decide you want to go back to Warrior, you can change your class back to Warrior by using the Warrior's class item. However, these items may not be easy to obtain or may cost a lot of gold to buy in the shops, so choose wisely and do not keep changing your class around or you may waste a lot of resources. And remember that if your race or gender is changed as listed above, it will not change back when you downgrade your class. This means it is possible to have a Samurai with Dragon race by downgrading from Dragon Warrior, but you will be stuck with the Dragon Race unless you upgrade again to Demon or Mech. You will not be able to go back to Human race or others that are default. Since Mech is the only class that changes your gender, if you upgrade to Mech, you will be stuck with the Robo gender forever. This makes sense if you think of it "realistically". If you were to give up your human body and change to a robot by transferring your conscience or something, you would be stuck in a robot body and unable to go back to an organic body with male and female genders. But you could still change your fighting style (class) and become a robot samurai, for example, lol.
    Last edited by AllenSam; 08-23-2020 at 09:01 PM.

Evil Shall with Evil Be Expelled ShinigamiKnight's Avatar

I like the idea behind this system better than the forum based system, maybe have lower tier class items(lvl 10) be available to purchase in the map this way it’s easier for people to change up their character if they choose to change the tier path they wish to follow.

Site Owner

Ya some them will be sold in shops and the higher tiers will require quests or defeating a boss. It may take a while to implement all this so I will most likely put all the teir 2 classes in shops for now so everyone isn't stuck with tier 1 until the quests are done. And for returning members, don't worry, you can keep your high tier classes you made before. Even if they are below the required level. Just not the custom or clan classes.
    Last edited by AllenSam; 01-13-2019 at 01:37 AM.

Legendary Rogue Dynasty Hero Testament's Avatar

So how would you go about changing from a high level physical class and change him/her to a magic class?...it would be absurd if i have to delete my characters after being able to reach tier 4 class level requirements.

Edit: seems like White Knight is the only one...oh also pirate..

Edit: Edit: It took a lot of breaking it down but i take my question back it is possible to revert from phy/mag...the only problem is the races being changed around so much. but it is possible to find the best combination. IDK if you planned this out perfectly or not but im impressed with the difficulty in the class/race puzzle created from class changes.
    Last edited by Testament; 08-19-2020 at 06:01 PM.

Killing Him Is The Reason For MY EXISTENCE!!!

Site Owner

Ya, I meant for it to be that way. It's possible to change from melee to magic, or range to dual wield, for example, but it's not easy. You're on the right track with White Knight and Pirate. I believe Necromancer too. But only Pirate is available from those for now. And ya, you have to take race into consideration. If you change to an 'evil' race like Undead or Demon you won't be able to change to White Knight or Angel until you change to Mech or Dragon first.

Legendary Rogue Dynasty Hero Testament's Avatar

makes sense, no wonder I was stuck as an angelic summoner, I wanted angelic Necro...lol not gonna happen

Killing Him Is The Reason For MY EXISTENCE!!!

Site Owner

I recently changed the Undead race's stats to be all balanced because I realized there were no races for necromancer that give good MO other than the default Elf race. It doesn't give as much MO as Angelic race, but it's more than Demonic or Dragon. Although, Undead Necromancer doesn't quite make sense seeing how Necromancers control the dead lol.

I also thought about adding a Fairy or Fae race that has high MO MD but super low HP, ATK, and DEF (since they are tiny) and would be neutral so any class could use it, but we really just need something for Necromancer and a Fairy Necromancer is kinda weird too lol.
    Last edited by AllenSam; 08-23-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Site Owner

Ok, I added a new race called 'Void.' It's from an idea Carnage pitched to me for a new class. I don't plan on adding any new classes unless they can fit really well into the story and Tier system so I asked him if I could use it as a race instead.

The Void race will come packaged with Necromancer when it is released so your race will change to Void when you change to Necro. I already have a plan for the quest. There will be a realm called "The Void" (also Carnage's idea) with a race of shadow creatures that have high magic abilities. It could have it's own map with the Necro class boss. Like how Da Bei Temple is for Monk.

Any ideas for the story and mechanics of this map are welcome.