Play Now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Genre?

Default Favorite Genre?

I know most of us play games from all sorts of genres, but we all love playing a select few games from a specific genre. That's what this thread is for, to talk about the genre you stick to most, and why.

Oh and you may also make a list of certain games you enjoy from a genre. However, try not to just put "Racing-All" as it may turn into a continuation and make this topic SPAM. >:E

If you all want, you can post which game got you introduced to your favorite types of games.

For me, my favorite Genre is RPG's.

I just love them Roleplaying Games! I love the battles, the stories, the characters, the magic, EVERYTHING.

I was introduced to this Genre back with Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger on the SNES. Good Times, Good, Good, Good Times.

Yeah..I'd have to go with RPG's as well. Just how the story gets you a lot more involved then almost all other genres. The way that you fight with magic and summoning is awesome.

Now..uumm..I think the first RPG I ever played was Suikoden 3, but I'm not sure.

It's kinda a toss up, really. It depends.

A lot of them time, when I'm feeling creative, usually, I delve into the RPG's, like any true gamer would. The story and character development [usually] draw me in, though shoddy work is equally as repulsive. I believe the first one I played was FF VIII, when I was 11? I think I was 11.

However, when an RPG gets me ever so slightly -pissed off- with pointless, cliché, or shoddy story, characters, etc, then I turn to a never-fail bottomless pail of whoop-ass.

The FPS.
    Or any other TPS, I suppose.
    When I get bored, I move onto the first person shooter, which basically means. "I SEE HANDS I SEE GUN I SEE YOU" *bang* Basically, the fact that these games are getting more and more intense, and can actually represent skill, unlike a lot of other genres, They really pull me in. That's also the draw [realism] over the TPS, which is usually more run and gun.

XIII was what hooked me to the FPS, though I'd play others before that. Black revived it for me, [speaking of run and gun].

Legendary Rogue Dynasty Hero Testament's Avatar

Me i stick to RPGs because they are most likely gonna last a while and the storylines/scenes are always fun to watch.

Killing Him Is The Reason For MY EXISTENCE!!!

RPG's for me please =]
    RPG's are entertaining and more captivating then other games because of story and gameplay.

Evil Shall with Evil Be Expelled ShinigamiKnight's Avatar

i would go RPGs =)

I would haft to say FPS games. Pretty much any FPS.
    At battle's end, speak the Liturgy in a clear voice. Respect the
    bravery of the living. Give the Rite of Passage to the fallen. To do all this with reverence, this is the duty of the Chaplain. It is his burden and his satisfaction.

RPG's all the way but i also like FPS's b/c there fun to play with friends.

I like Rpg's for the most part. But FPS's are fun to play with friends