Play Now!

Thread: Seeking Feedback for New Battle Page Concept

Site Owner

Default Seeking Feedback for New Battle Page Concept

So, I've been thinking I need to rebuild the battle page and possibly other pages as well. Everything is just so small and on mobile devices it's really hard see the text and click the right actions. Even on my PC, I usually play with the browser zoomed in to 150%. To make Rogue Dynasty more mobile friendly, I think the pages need to be rebuilt to be bigger and more touch screen friendly.

I threw together this battle screen concept with MS Paint, so it looks choppy, but obviously, it would look much better once it's fully implemented.

(Click to enlarge)
    battlescreenconcept.jpg

As you can see, it would be best for wide screen, horizontal mobile view and the command pop up would be moved to the right so you could easily use your right thumb to choose your command then use your left thumb to select the enemy and confirm the action.

The background is blurry and grainy from being stretched so we would most likely have to re-upload the background images or find new ones with higher resolution. This would also allow us to use larger character and monster sprites.

The action pane could possibly be resizable by dragging the bottom or corners if players want to see more or less actions. As for the chats pane, the way I have set up here, the players would have to scroll down to see it, so I may have to make everything a bit smaller to fit the chats pane or find somewhere else to put it. Any ideas are welcome.

The HP, MP, Limit, and Status bars will be above the characters much like a traditional fighting game. They could be made smaller so the screen isn't so cluttered. And again, mobile players could easily use their left and right thumbs to touch the drop down boxes to see the status lists.

So, let me know what you think. If you guys like it, I will try to get it rebuilt but I can't guarantee it will implemented any time soon. I have an 8 month old baby and adult responsibilities so my time is super limited, but I'm doing what I can.
    Last edited by AllenSam; 09-16-2019 at 02:32 AM.

Site Owner

cmdconcept.jpg

Here's another concept for the command buttons and HP/MP bars. I moved the HP and MP numbers into the actual bar to save space. The gray background for empty bars may need to be changed because it makes the black letters hard to see. The command buttons would be much easier to touch on a touch screen than simple text links.

Site Owner

mapconcept.jpg

New Map concept.

It would show 9 grid squares instead of just 1 so you can actually see the locations around you. You can travel to them just by touching or clicking on them, no need for the little arrows. You can only travel left, right, up, and down though, not diagonal. The black squares with big X through them are empty locations. When you travel, it will shift the 9 squares so that you are always in the center square with the white border. You can only see shops and NPC's on the center square that you are on.

Legendary Rogue Dynasty Hero Testament's Avatar

So far, I like everything implemented! Great ideas!

Killing Him Is The Reason For MY EXISTENCE!!!

The Infection of Lands

Everything is turning out pretty awesome

Site Owner

Yeah, it's too bad we don't have any players. Hopefully we can find a way to get some.