Play Now!

Thread: Update: Achievement System

Site Owner

Default Update: Achievement System

It has been a while since our last update. I've been really busy, but I'm slowly working on new features when I can!

The latest feature that is now live is Rogue Dynasty's achievement system! You are probably familiar with PlayStation Trophies or XBox Achievements. It is a similar system except Rogue Dynasty will be using Badges.

Badges can be obtained by players by completing certain tasks or reaching certain milestones. When a Badge's condition is met, a message will pop up on any page in the game telling you that you got a new Badge as well as Badge Points (BP). Each badge will give a certain amount of BP depending on its difficulty to obtain. BP will be added to your total Badge Score.

The main use of your Badge Score will be to give you an exp and gold bonus after battles. The higher your Badge Score, the higher the bonus will be. We may add other uses and benefits of Badge Score later.

You can see your Badges and your Badge Score at the bottom of any of your characters' profile. You will notice your Player Stats above the Badges section. This has been moved from the Library to your character profiles so that other players can see your stats instead of you only able to see your own stats.

For now, there are only a few available badges. They are "Reach Level Badges" that you will obtain for reaching levels 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50. If you already have characters at any of those levels, simply go to the game and you should get the badges.

Also, you may notice the badge images are all the same (yin-yang). This is just a placeholder until we can add images for them. Each badge will have its own unique image so your profile can be full of interesting badge icons later!

The Badge section in the Library that will list all obtainable badges is not available yet, but I am working it. Check the Library for it soon! When it is up, you will also be able to click on the badges in your profile to be taken to the information on them in the Library.

And for Admins; I also have not finished the Badge add/edit page in the Admin CP, so for now, I can only add Badges directly into the database. I'm working on this too.

So there's still some work to do to complete this update, but the Level Badges are live so I needed to go ahead and make this announcement.

As always, let us know if you run into any problems!

Site Owner

The Library listing for the badges is done. Working on the Admin CP end now.