Play Now!

Thread: AI Generated Art

Site Owner

Default AI Generated Art

So, AI generated art is the new thing now. I've been playing around with MidJourney. It's really impressive. You just type in what you want and the AI generates art. I've been using it to generate backgrounds for the maps and battles in Rogue Dynasty.

For example, I just typed in "rpg battle background, forest scenery" and it generated this:

and "rpg battle background futuristic fusion powered city" generated these cool Fusion City backgrounds:

It's great, because I don't have to worry about copyright and someone saying I stole their images for the game. Although, I think you do need a subscription to MidJourney to use the images commercially, so technically they are owned by MidJourney.

Check it out and play around with it. If anyone wants to help me create some cool backgrounds for the game, just submit them here. The results are never the same even if you type the same thing so who knows what cool stuff we could make to use in Rogue Dynasty.

Production Analyst

Wow those are awesome. I'll mess with it and see what I can come up with.

Site Owner

There are commands you can use like --ar which is aspect ratio. I use --ar 16:9 to get the widescreen look of the battle backgrounds. You can find a list of the commands in their discord.

EDIT: Here's a tutorial on how to get started:

https://youtu.be/lFI8JQvPfu8?t=900
    Last edited by AllenSam; 09-26-2022 at 11:15 PM.

Cosmic Sorcerer of Nothingness Phos's Avatar

those are pretty cool

Production Analyst

Site Owner

Awesome! Perfect for the Dragon Core.

I like the first one and the last one. The first one is cool with the dragon's wings spread out, but the last one has the gate, so it's like you're walking into the Dragon Core with a huge dragon statue above the gate.

Press the U1, U2, U3, or U4 buttons to get the single image split from the 4 and upscaled. Then you can save it.

mjupscale.jpg
    (Click to enlarge)
    Last edited by AllenSam; 09-28-2022 at 03:22 AM.

In addition, the sale of paintings created using artificial intelligence has become a growing trend in the world. And you might think. Who will buy these paintings. But they are sold, which means that people buy them. For me it is not clear. Offers of such paintings can be found on the online platforms Etsy, Shopify or Amazon. My opinion is that this can lead to the devaluation of art in general, as the ability to create original works becomes more and more automated. Another thing is to create pictures for your needs.