Play Now!

Thread: Hydro Thunder!?

Default Hydro Thunder!?

Every time I bring this game up anywhere, no one seems to know what I'm talking about. So I'm hoping some of you all know what this game is, despite it being rather old now.

I used to play the hell out of this game when me and my younger brother had it on the PS1. However, we somehow magnetized it so I haven't played it for quite some time now. To this day I'm not sure how we magnetized it, might have been on top of our TV or VCR, but we don't know since it just stopped loading or even working at all. We just assumed we magnetized it and the PS wasn't reading it lol.

Anyway, how many of you guys know this game? It used to be a boat racing game for the Playstation One and Arcade. If memory serves me correct, it was made by Midway, although I may be wrong since I'm too lazy to go look it up. The arcade version of this was awesome and it had this little throttle handle on the right of the steering wheel if that helps anyone recognize the game.

[note:]Yes, Dark and Reaper, I posted this on RPGP, but hell it doesn't hurt to make conversation everywhere right? [/end note]

i used to own this game..but it was never for PS1 i used to own Sega Dreamcast and it was never just me and my brother playing..everyone in my house was into this game and to answer your question i am quite positive that the game was made by midway.

i enjoyed playing the game on the Dreamcast more then the arcade..if anyone remembers my favorite boat has to be the Banshee

Legendary Rogue Dynasty Hero Testament's Avatar

Wow old skool...lol yea i dont remember too much on this game but i can say i kicked Uraharas ass every single time....lol and his dad's too.

Killing Him Is The Reason For MY EXISTENCE!!!

Evil Shall with Evil Be Expelled ShinigamiKnight's Avatar

lol u true about that but i always kicked ur ass and i still will lol.... yea but that game is really fun but i havent played it in like 2years = -

Legendary Rogue Dynasty Hero Testament's Avatar

so then i guess we'll have to bust out the old PS2

Killing Him Is The Reason For MY EXISTENCE!!!

Evil Shall with Evil Be Expelled ShinigamiKnight's Avatar

yep cant wait lol

Hydro Thunder?! Fuck yeah!

This game was, and still is, the shit. I used to play this all the fucking time whenever I went to Peter Piper Pizza, and dominate the finish record boards. I just might grab an ISO of the game right now.
    Pencil, Lead, Syringe

RPGP v3 Username: CLOUD Ex-SOLDIER. Get it right, Dragonfag.

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds xCHAOSxTROOPERx's Avatar

Hydro Thunder was the shit, one of the best arcade racers out there...that was my childhood along with arctic thunder